Thursday 23 January 2014

January 2014 Layout Challenge

Well, here we are, it's a new year and so much has happened in the last couple of months.  More about that in the next post - suffice to say that we now live in Blenheim.  Since moving here we have joined NZ Papercrafters and Marlborough Papercrafters, both Facebook groups which we are excited to be a part of.

NZ Papercrafters set a challenge to use a layout from http://blog.scrapfriends.com.au/ as the basis for creating one of our own.  Here is my take on the challenge.



With plain white card as the base (actually the insert from a photo album) I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Stains in "Chipped Sapphire" and "Faded Jeans" to create the watery background.  This was left to dry and then India Ink was trailed randomly around the page from an eye dropper with a few drops splattered across the page to finish.  Again, that was left to dry before stamping the Kaisercraft "Script" stamp onto the background in a couple of places.  The strips of red chevron washi tape were added followed by the 4 frames using yellow, red & blue chevron and lime green polka dot washi tapes.  As washi has a tendency to lift, I put a thin coat of Mod Podge over the taped areas.  I found some red and white bakers twine in my stash and attached that using a trail of liquid adhesive.  I found a small wooden heart which I painted and added my title, inked the edges and sealed with Glossy Accents before adding a tiny bow made from the remnant of the bakers twine.  I found a plain white paper clip and added little spots of red paint to give the illusion of stripes and topped it with a flower charm to complete.  This was clipped over the photo and attached with a pop dot to add extra dimension.

The photo was taken on Boxing Day (2013).  Ellie was being held by her dad but I just loved her expression so decided to zoom in and focus on her face.  Removing the colour from the photo was easy and really emphasized her beautiful eyes and cute little mouth.  She was dressed in red and white and this has been reflected in the use of red and white as the dominant colour for the embellishments.  I love this little pic of her and even have it on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment