Friday 23 January 2015

Life Book 2015 - Week 4: Courage Dear Heart

Another whimsical girl, this time a ballerina on a tightrope.  I was definitely feeling a little intimidated before starting this lesson, oh my goodness.  Anyway, I decided to jump right in and start with what I was already confident doing - the collage background.  

I used scrapbook paper off-cuts and washi tape, plus I coloured and stamped some plain tissue paper and added a small piece of printed music.  Further colour was added using water soluble crayons and then toned down with gesso. I sketched in the ballerina and then using some of the techniques already taught us by Tamara I started layering paint for the body and then the dress.  

This project was presented by Patti Ballard who provided a quick video showing how to create this delightful girl on a wire.  Although there were no detailed instructions, by stopping and starting the video it was easy enough to re-create her. 
Since finishing her I have painted another one on a block canvas with lacy paper for the background - very happy with how she is progressing.  I still have a long way to go before I find my own style for creating these wee ones but it is a fun journey and I am learning every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment