Tuesday 2 April 2013

Simplicity


In the southern hemisphere we are moving through autumn and with the slightly cooler days a chance to clean up my art studio.  It has gotten a little out of control of late and was well overdue for a tidy up.  In the process I found products I had forgotten I had - things I used to use when I did glass painting, ceramics and the like. 

This page just started out as playing with what I had found to see what would happen.  The quote, by Leonardo da Vinci reads "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - seemed appropriate given the simplicity of the artwork.  However in pondering this further I have come to the conclusion that, for me, it is more about simplifying life rather than art.  How often do we complicate our lives and in the process put barriers in the way of being able to move forward.  Time to simplify - what do you reckon?



No comments:

Post a Comment