Saturday 19 September 2015

Life Book 2015: Week 38 - The journey of acceptance with Jill Berry

Two techniques to learn today - actually both I have done before but not to the same extent of development, so it was interesting to learn more and then actually make something out of it.  

The lesson was presented by Jill Berry and the first thing we did was to make coloured tissue paper using acrylic paint.  

The next was to make gel skins using gel medium and acrylic paint.  Both of these are quite addictive and it was hard to stop making them - I just know there will be more of these in my future.  But for now, I just needed enough to make a collage.  

Jill had given us a blue heron and a wood duck to use for the focal point - I chose to use the blue heron.  This was drawn onto tissue paper, adhered to the page and then the collage was built up around it using the coloured tissue and the gel skins.  Once that was dry it was time to paint in the heron.  A few little accents and it was done.  


I wasn't sure I was going to like this but I just love it - the gel skins look so effective.  

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment