Saturday 29 August 2015

Life Book 2015: Week 28 - Layers of you with Tamara Laporte

Another lesson I put off because it was just too painful and I didn't think I would ever be able to do this one, however, after a session with the psychologist I just knew it was time.  

The lesson, from the lovely Tamara Laporte, used a face/body from a fashion magazine (something that represented us) and then a background of collage and paint applied.  I didn't have a fashion magazine but knew that I wanted to use a photo of our grand-daughter, Ellie, to be the base for my painting.  It was important for me to do something playful and childlike, yet wistful.  Something that would reflect my inner child, and the magic associated with letting that child have the freedom to express herself.

It didn't matter that the lesson was completed 'out of order', it was important that it was done 'at the right time' for me.  It took me a while to complete it but a lot of healing took place during that time.  It was really good therapy and I love the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment