Tuesday 30 October 2012

Tag Swap

Wow, what an exciting time waiting for our tags to come back so I could post mine here on my blog. But wait, I'm rushing ahead way too fast. The last three weeks have seemed to go past so slowly as we waited by the letterbox for our delivery. As part of the fun lead up to Scrapfest by the Sea (to be held in Nelson next August) a challenge was set to join in a tag swap. Never having done anything like this before - either a swap or making a tag - Jan and I decided we would add our names to the list of participants and give it a go. Once the names were in, we were divided into groups of roughly eight people. I was allocated to Group Three - we decided to set up a facebook group and called ourselves "Tag You're It" - thanks to Esther Salisbury for setting this up for us. Jan was allocated to Group Two. Much discussion ensued via Facebook over how groups would approach the task - would they have a theme, and if so, what would it be. Group Three settled on texture, stamping and the colour purple. I took the texture and the purple and set about making eight identical tags. This is what mine turned out like.
After cutting the tag I covered it with foil and then painted it, rubbing back the paint before it was totally dry. I made the flowers out of cardstock and tipped each petal with glitter. Flourishes cut using our new eClips machine, a feather, an embossed butterfly and a couple of leaves completed the main embellishing. The tag was finished with a couple of ribbons held in place by an industrial look brad. Then it was off to the post office to send them all to the lovely Trina McClune, coordinator extraordinare, and then a nervous yet exciting wait for the postie to return. At last the day arrived and in my box, eight lovely tags, one from each of the talented ladies in Group Three, plus some treats from Trina & Vicki Morris (big hugs girls). Awesome work ladies in Group Three, such beautiful work. Unfortunately some have not received their parcels yet so I will wait to post the group photo. I'm off to make another project now ... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment