Monday 28 January 2013

Art Journal

Me again

I have been having a play with my first ever Art Journal.  Inspired by Donna Downey's "Inspiration Wednesday" videos I have made my version of her with art paper and a canvas cover.  This is my first entry and I saw this quote on Pinterest and thought it would make a great start to my journal. 

The whole purpose of the journal is to explore ideas and different medium.  The thing is to keep going until you feel it is finished.  There are no mistakes as you just keep adding layers until you are happy with how it looks.

The colours I have used here are Pthalo Turquoise, Anthraquinone Blue and Diarylide Yellow with splashes of black Indian Ink.  I have inked the edges of the page using a black stamp pad.


Thanks Donna - you are an amazing artist and you inspire me every day.

Now, before I go, I just wanted to pass on my congratulations to Anna & Michael - they are expecting the arrival a wee bubs into their family in early August.  How exciting for Nana Jan (I have to admit that I am excited too). 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the vibrant blue Denise. Donny is most certainly an inspiration. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Esther, page two is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete