Wednesday 6 February 2013

Obstacles ...

Hi everyone

I have been picking up quotes lately that challenge me and this one is no exception.  A week has gone by since I posted the first page in my art journal.  Today I completed page 2 and the quote for today was around obstacles.  I had picked up the brick stencil from Paperzone earlier in the week so it seemed to fit with what I was thinking about.  How many times do we put obstacles in the way of doing something ... "I can't do that because ...".  I know I am as guilty of that as the next person.  I am the only person standing in the way of me achieving anything.

I used Quinacridone Magenta and Diarylide Yellow for my base followed by a light spritz of Tattered Angels Glimmermist called Blarney (lime green).  After drying off with my heat gun I spread coarse texture gel over the "Mini Bricks" stencil from The Crafters Workshop.  A little dirtying up with some indian ink rubbed on with a paper towel, a couple of heat embossed flowers, the quote, a pic of me and the obligatory date tag and we're done.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment