Sunday 4 January 2015

Life Book 2015

Towards the end of 2014 I started thinking about what I wanted from 2015 - as you do ...

I posted the following on Facebook "I don't like making New Years resolutions as I never seem to be able to keep them very long, but what I am going to do is re-focus. This year that is coming to a close has seen a number of changes and no doubt 2015 will see more changes, but my wish for the new year is to spend more time in my heart (exploring my arty farty side) and less time in my head (ie on my computer). This may mean that I am not as active on Facebook but it doesn't mean I will be thinking of you all any less, it just means I might not be commenting on posts as much - please don't be offended and please don't take it personally. A very wise lady once told me that I spend far too much time in my head and not enough in my heart and I have decided to take her advice and change that - thanks Aud, love you!!"

I have been participating in a couple of ATC swap groups - one a monthly calendar swap and the other on a given topic every 3-4 weeks.  I also joined a Creative Card Art group where you create a small artwork on a given topic and this is done on a weekly basis.  While I enjoyed participating in these groups I knew that this wasn't where I wanted to be this year, but exactly where I wanted to be and how I was going to achieve that, I had no idea.  Then on New Years day I opened Facebook and Donna Downey was promoting a course called Life Book 2015.  I decided to click on the link and it led me to Willowing and the lovely Tamara Laporte.    As I read through what the course had to offer it ticked all my boxes so I signed up there and then.  

I am so excited.  Every week there is a new lesson given by Tamara or one of her awesome tutors (including Donna Downey I might add).  There are videos and accompanying PDFs to download and it is the type of course that you will get out of it as much as you put into it.  It took less than 24 hours to get accepted into the group and then I was away.

The first task, after watching the intro videos, was to do a warm-up exercise using mixed media.  We had to come up with a word for the year and also write our intentions for the year on an envelope which was attached to the final artwork.  Without even thinking about it the word 'nourish' popped into my head - it's not a word I would normally use but I decided to go with it.  Funnily enough I saw a post later by Donna Downey and it is the same word that she has chosen for this year.  I am very aware of syncronicity in my life and these events all tell me that I am on the right path.

Anyway, here is my warm-up exercise


To come ... assignment for Week 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment