Saturday 31 January 2015

Life Book 2015 - Week 5: Dreamcatchers and affirmation feathers

Oh good, I thought, something simple - no faces here, no need to stress.  Ha!!!

The dreamcatcher was straightforward enough and was lots of fun to make.  Thanks to Rachael Rice for this different way of creating one.  A quick trip to the local secondhand store for a doily and it was underway.   Here's the result -


Second task - the affirmation feather with Tamara Laporte ... should be a piece of cake ... nope!!

My first attempt the lines were too heavy as I had trouble finding pens that would write over my painted surface.  Attempt number two was abandoned because the pens I used to colour the feather were too dark and the whole picture ended up very dark and not at all like a feather should look.  Attempt number three however was a little more successful.  I found some pens (Faber Castell Pitt Pens) that I had used years ago - there was very little ink left in them but they sort of did the job.  Needless to say I have ordered a new set and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.

Attempt number three -




I am quite liking this - it is good to challenge myself and go outside of my comfort zone.  Now looking forward to new supplies arriving and next weeks class.  Thanks Tam, you rock!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loving both pages Denise, for different reasons. It's great that you are enjoying this class so much. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete