Monday 25 March 2013

Footprints on our heart


A little bit of reflection ...


The quote "Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts.  And we are never, ever the same."

Lots of people were thought about as I was preparing the base for this - the passing of Jan's mum, the loss of our friend Shane, the wee bub that Michael & Anna lost and the one she is carrying now, my much loved grandparents, friends I have lost touch with - all passed through my mind and my heart as I was painting. 

I had started with attaching a couple of pieces embossing - the clock (on the left) and leaves (on the right).  Several layers of colour later and am not happy with how dark it is ...  it was a few days before I had time to come back to it.  I painted the colours I had used in the base onto bubble wrap and pressed it onto the surface, did the same with white gesso, then randomly wiped a brown stamp pad over the page, outlined a few of the bubbles in black pencil, inked in some detail on the clock and the leaves and added the daisies - voila - done!  Finally in my happy place - I really had my doubts about this piece as it took a while to come together, but come together it did.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment